Friday, July 20, 2012

I love Kebaya!

Good morning :) since it's 12 am already.. 
  And I'm as fresh as a horse (what kind of proverb is that?)

Nevermind anyway~ Today when I was shopping I bought this shinning blouse, 
    they called it "Kebaya"

Perhaps you guys were asking, 

         "What actually Kebaya is?" 

                                  "How to wear it? What kind of occasion that we wear kebaya?"

  Hold on guys! :) I'll tell about it One by ONE :D

  Q : 
What is kebaya? 

A :
 A traditional blouse-dress combination, worn by women from Indonesia, Malaysia, Brunei, Burma, Singapore and also Southern Thailand. It made from sheer material such as silk, thin cotton or 
semi-transparent nylon or polyester and adorned with barocade or floral pattern embriodery.
Usually worn with sarung, or long batik, and also with other traditional woven garment as ikat,
songket with colorful motif. Kebaya is a national costume of Indonesia, because it's more accurately endemic to Javanese, Sundanese and Balinese people


Q :  
How to wear it? and what occasion?

A : 
Wearing a kebaya is like wearing a buttoned blouse, you have to wear inner first 
and then the kebaya or Indonesian people also created modern kebaya with a zipper infront of it 
so it should be easy to use and to wear :)

what kind of occasion hm?
well, It could be used for casual if it's the modern kebaya one , so they can pair it with jeans :)
but if the traditional one usually wear for wedding ceremony or formal occasion
they also wear kebaya too for  dance :)

Here's some pics of my kebaya :DD



Do I look weird?
a Chinese girl with kebaya :D




Again I felt not so comfy since I sit like Japanese people :D
Sitting like that makes my legs numb :3



My kebaya with a long Batik :) i like the underneath of my batik :)



haha~ so formal? not really I made a stupid face at right one :D


Hi ! I'm the next mojang karawang ( Miss Karawang ) *lols* 
*wishing to be true*


Nighty night guys thanks for come over :)
See ya till next post! *waves*

No comments:

Post a Comment